There are currently four different levels of skydiving licensing by the USPA. These skydiving licenses can be obtained through Accelerated Freefall (AFF) training at Gateway Skydiving Center here in the St. Louis Missouri area.
A Skydiving Licenses (25 skydives)
You may jump without supervision, pack your own main parachute, engage in basic group jumps, perform water jumps.
- 25 jumps completed
- completed all requirements listed on the USPA A License Proficiency Card
- completed five group freefall skydives involving at least two participants
- received the signature and official stamp on the USPA A License Proficiency Card or USPA A License Progression Card (ISP)
B License (50 skydives)
You are able to exercise all privileges of an A-license holder, perform night jumps, with 100 jumps are eligible for the USPA Coach Rating.
- obtained a USPA A license
- completed 50 jumps including: (a) accumulated at least 30 minutes of controlled freefall time (b) landed within ten meters of target center on ten jumps
- aerial performance requirements, either: (a) demonstrated the ability to perform individual maneuvers (left 360, right 360, backloop, left 360, right 360, backloop) in freefall in 18 seconds or less (b) or successful completion of the planned formation(s) on ten group freefall jumps
- documentation of live water landing training with full equipment in accordance with the procedures in the Skydiver’s Information Manual
- passed a written exam conducted by a current USPA I, I/E, S&TA, or USPA Board member.
C License (200 skydives)
You are able to exercise all privileges of a B-license holder, are eligible for the USPA Instructor rating (except USPA Tandem Instructor), participate in certain demonstration jumps, may ride as passenger on USPA Tandem Instructor training and rating renewal jumps.
- met all current requirements for or hold a USPA B license
- completed 200 jumps, including accumulating at least 60 minutes of controlled freefall time
- landed within two meters of target center on 25 jumps
- aerial performance requirements, either: (1) during freefall, perform in sequence within 18 seconds-a backloop, front loop, left 360-degree turn, right 360-degree turn, right barrel roll and left barrel roll (2) completed at least two points on an 8-way or larger random skydive
- Passed a written exam conducted by a current USPA I/E, S&TA, or USPA Board member.
D License (500 skydives)
You are able to exercise all privileges of a C-license holder, are eligible for all USPA ratings.
- met all current requirements for or hold a USPA C license
- completed 500 jumps including accumulating at least three hours of controlled freefall time
- made two night jumps (one solo and one in a group) with a freefall of at least 20 seconds (1) with verification of prior night-jump training from a USPA Instructor holding a USPA D license (2) with the advice of an S&TA, in accordance with USPA BSRs
- Passed the written USPA D license exam conducted by a current USPA I/E, S&TA, or USPA Board member.